Skip to main content

All About Me

When I started writing a science-fiction novel in my senior year of high school, I had no idea I would hate the final product by the time I finished it.

I also had no idea how much the process of writing it would help me begin my career as a completely different kind of writer, a music journalist.

I started writing stories in middle school, most of which I intended to begin a larger project, but lost interest in before getting too far.

That process continued until high school, when I came up with an idea I found brilliant and committed to finally finishing a full-length novel.

The friends who read the pages as I wrote them grew tired of the story quickly, and they tried to convince me to fundamentally change the story.

At the time, I wrote them off as haters and kept writing about two pages every day.

Because I worked on it at such a quick pace, I did not allow myself to see how boring I made the characters and the plot.

It took a full year of writing to finally accept the feedback my best critics gave me.

Learning to finally recognize the flaws in my work and let it go would help me excel once I started pursuing journalism at De Anza College.

My passion for music started to grow, and I started to mix my two passions together by writing reviews on albums and features about concerts.

I refuse to believe I wasted the year I spent writing that crappy novel.

I am a persistent journalist today because of my past embarrassments.

Comments