Skip to main content

Trend feature ideas

Idea #1: College students riding around campus on Razor scooters.

This story would cover scooters on campus, not the motorized ones scattered around downtown San Jose but the lightweight metal scooters many push themselves around on. Like many children, I rode around on one of these scooters while I was younger and I would like to find out exactly why young adults are still using them.

Possible interview sources: Students riding Razor scooters, pedestrians walking around campus and professors who see their students using them.

Idea #2: Free or low cost textbook options in classes.

Throughout college I have noticed more and more professors using textbooks that are available for free online or choosing low cost resources to save students money. Efforts from professors and student efforts to pirate textbooks often keep students from having to pay for their class resources. I would like to find out how common this trend is or if it affects some departments more than others.

Possible interview sources: Students from multiple departments, professors from multiple departments and the vice president for student affairs Patrick Day. 

Comments