Skip to main content

Describe your dream job

Getting to sit down with talented musicians and pick their brains sounds like paradise to me, along with writing reviews that can point people toward quality independent music.
These practices are exactly what writers for Bandcamp Daily have the privilege of carrying out and are paid to do.
I first found out about the Bandcamp website when I was 17 years old, while I was looking around for places to download music by some indie musicians I had discovered online.
That search led me to those artists’ Bandcamp pages, where they allowed visitors to choose a price for their music or simply download it for free.
From that moment on, I began to use Bandcamp as one of my primary ways to discover new artists, scrolling through the charts of new albums on the sites and trying out releases that musicians publicly recommended.
One of Bandcamp’s best features is Bandcamp Daily, which posts daily reviews, interviews and features pointing listeners to new artists and exciting music.
Unfortunately, Bandcamp is fairly discrete about their hiring process, so I am not sure how to get a job as a writer there or how much it would pay.
But from reading the articles on their website, I know that writing for it would be a dream come true.
I have relevant experience that would allow me to excel as a writer for Bandcamp Daily, including writing experience with a stress on music journalism for La Voz News, the Spartan Daily and All About Jazz.
The next time I visit their physical record store in Oakland, I plan to ask how I can apply for a job and where I should send my portfolio.

Comments