Skip to main content

SJSU's Best Class

Because I am in the process of completing my first semester at San Jose State University, I will write about my favorite class at De Anza College, where I studied for two years and earned my associate degree in journalism.

My marine biology class at De Anza College taught by professor Jason Bram is easily the best class I have ever taken.

I took the class to fulfill my science general education requirement during my first quarter at De Anza College

Professor Bram's passion for the material was obvious from the first day of class, when he warned that sometimes he would yell at us, just to express his excitement about the class and not at any mistakes we made.

He also told the class that the university would provide a free camping trip to Cambria, California in order to study the marine life there and also goof off or have fun.

The material was fascinating and I was good at it, given my experience studying biology in high school.

The camping trip was the highlight of the class and two of the friends I made on that trip by giving them a ride and talking during the drive are still close friends of mine today.

That class was an encouraging introduction to my college career during my first quarter and helped me make relationships I maintain to this day.

Comments